Data Scientist | Kolkata | 2 to 4 years
Posted 4 years ago
We are hiring Data Scientist resources for our client in Kolkata.
Interested candidates please send updated resumes to email@example.com for quick response.
Data Scientist/Analytics Responsibilities
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Participate and lead, when needed, the project meetings with the customer
- Manage multiple development designs and projects to meet project and customer required time lines.
- Provide Customer Training as required
- Participate in internal projects as required
- Hands on experience with data models and data warehousingtechnologies.
- Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience in SAS, Oracle Advanced Analytics, SPSS will be an advantage
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc. Experience in otherVisualization tools like OBIEE, Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview shall be added advantage.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig is desirable.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase will be added advantage.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Communicate with Impact & Empathy
- Develop Self & Others through Coaching
- Build & Sustain Relationships
- Be Passionate about Client Service
- Be Curious: Learn, Share & Innovate
- Lead & Contribute to Team Success
- Demonstrate Courage & Integrity
- Acquire and Apply Commercial & Technical Expertise
- Be Open Minded, Practical & Agile with Change
- Bachelor/Master in Statistics/Economics or MBA desirable. BE/BTech/MTech with above experience can also be interviewed.
- Experience – 2 to 4 years with at least 2-3 project lifecycle experience in data science.
|Job Category||Data Scientist|
|Job ID||Data Scientist_KOL|
|Job Level||Junior-To-Mid Level|
|Work Experience||2-4 yrs|
|Number of Vacancies||4|
|Notice Period||Short Notice|